Several email providers are banned due to spam. Gmail is recommended.

Send email change requests and registration issues to: testers.staff@gmail.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A map and table comparing cigarette prices in Canada ...

Walleye Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like

A map and table comparing cigarette prices in Canada ...

A map and table comparing cigarette prices in Canada ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

False News
    is started by haters
    spread by idiots
    and accepted by fools.

2. Thanks tutane, The Noof thanked for this post
    Likes abouttosnap liked this post
    Visiting Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last I bought here in the Carolinas was about a year and a half ago and they were around $5.50 a pack or about $60 a carton. After about 36 years I finally put them down cold turkey in Jan. of 2014...haven't smoked since and I'm officially done with cigarettes...or as they say it is a dd...done deal. Lot of big cigarette manufacturers around my neck of the woods.

4. Thanks tutane, trin/tuco, The Noof, benney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last pack I bought was 1.45 33 years ago.Was too much even then.Geezuz.

6. Thanks tutane, trin/tuco, benney thanked for this post
    Likes abouttosnap liked this post
    Jr. Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    forget about the prices..... you health is the main concern..
    quit 15 years ago ..never look back
    i enjoy this more now....
    ---:..Gratitude is the best attitude..:--

If it isn't broke, don't try fixin it..!!!

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! testers-inc.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

8. Thanks tutane, benney, The Noof thanked for this post
    Likes The Noof, abouttosnap liked this post
    Visiting Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a crock! yeah I am sure the various levels of gov't want people to quit smoking considering they are making about $8.50 in taxes off a 20 pack

yeah I know that money goes towards the high cost of combating tobacco related diseases but here is something for the Ottawa minions to consider. everybody gets sick! so maybe they should start taxing every food product at the same rate that contain some gov't approved additive or preservative. Let's go a step farther yet. Obesity is a large health factor as well so when you go to McDonalds to scarf down 3 big macs you should have to weigh in first and if you are obese then you pay a premium price. You should also have to give a blood glucose reading to determine you are not diabetic. Diabetes is another big long term health risk and those people should be taxed accordingly to what they are putting into their system.

just the tip of the iceberg there. we also have Aids, hepatitis, kidney disease, heart disease to name a few more. Surely all these people done something wrong as well and should be taxed accordingly. Now the problem is how to differentiate the tax exempt from those that should be taxed at a premium. No problem! every person is required to get a full blood work done annually to obtain a permit stating at what your tax rate will be on all consumable products. These will be done at gov't operated clinics so some minion's brother in law can land a nice 6 digit civil servant salary. The person obtaining the permit has to pay the cost and there will also be GST & PST added.

Pity the obese diabetic who smokes and drinks

10. Thanks tutane, trin/tuco thanked for this post
    Likes benney liked this post
    Walleye Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually W3b I was just reading your post and thought about Herb. He's a guy I worked with in management for 15 years and we have coffee at least 3 times a week at Timmie's along with a couple other guys. I have about 5 smokes a day unless I'm partying and he gives me shit for it all the time.

Well today he is sitting across from me wolfing down a beagle with cream cheese and he has a rubber tire around his middle big enough to save a dozen sailors from drowning. I looked at him and asked him if he thought obese people should pay more for health care than smokers. HAHAHA did he get pissed.

Fat little fker didn't like what I was saying. To bad as he knows I don't give two shits.

Bet not many can say they are only 5lbs more than they were 35 years ago.

I know you and I can say that.

False News
    is started by haters
    spread by idiots
    and accepted by fools.

12. Thanks tutane, W3B W1ZARD, trin/tuco thanked for this post
    Walleye Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smokers and the obese cheaper to care for, study shows

Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2008

• Twitter
    • Linkedin
    • Print

LONDON — Preventing obesity and smoking can save lives, but it does not save money, according to a new report.
    It costs more to care for healthy people who live years longer, according to a Dutch study that counters the common perception that preventing obesity would save governments millions of dollars.
    "It was a small surprise," said Pieter van Baal, an economist at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in the Netherlands, who led the study. "But it also makes sense. If you live longer, then you cost the health system more."
    In a paper published online Monday in the Public Library of Science Medicine journal, Dutch researchers found that the health costs of thin and healthy people in adulthood are more expensive than those of either fat people or smokers.
    Van Baal and colleagues created a model to simulate lifetime health costs for three groups of 1,000 people: the "healthy-living" group (thin and nonsmoking), obese people, and smokers. The model relied on "cost of illness" data and disease prevalence in the Netherlands in 2003.
    The researchers found that from age 20 to 56, obese people racked up the most expensive health costs. But because both the smokers and the obese people died sooner than the healthy group, it cost less to treat them in the long run.
    On average, healthy people lived 84 years. Smokers lived about 77 years and obese people lived about 80 years. Smokers and obese people tended to have more heart disease than the healthy people.
    Cancer incidence, except for lung cancer, was the same in all three groups. Obese people had the most diabetes, and healthy people had the most strokes. Ultimately, the thin and healthy group cost the most, about $417,000, from age 20 on.
    The cost of care for obese people was $371,000, and for smokers, about $326,000.
    The results counter the common perception that preventing obesity will save health systems worldwide millions of dollars.
    "This throws a bucket of cold water onto the idea that obesity is going to cost trillions of dollars," said Patrick Basham, a professor of health politics at Johns Hopkins University who was unconnected to the study. He said that government projections about obesity costs are frequently based on guesswork, political agendas and changing science.
    "If we're going to worry about the future of obesity, we should stop worrying about its financial impact," he said.
    Obesity experts said that fighting the epidemic is about more than just saving money.
    "The benefits of obesity prevention may not be seen immediately in terms of cost savings in tomorrow's budget, but there are long-term gains," said Neville Rigby, spokesman for the International Association for the Study of Obesity. "These are often immeasurable when it comes to people living longer and healthier lives."
    Van Baal described the paper as "a bookkeeping exercise" and said that governments should recognize that successful smoking and obesity prevention programs mean that people will have a higher chance of dying of something more expensive later in life.
    "Lung cancer is a cheap disease to treat because people don't survive very long," van Baal said. "But if they are old enough to get Alzheimer's one day, they may survive longer and cost more."
    The study, paid for by the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports, did not take into account other potential costs of obesity and smoking, such as lost economic productivity or social costs.
    "We are not recommending that governments stop trying to prevent obesity," van Baal said. "But they should do it for the right reasons."

False News
    is started by haters
    spread by idiots
    and accepted by fools.

14. Thanks tutane, trin/tuco thanked for this post
    Visiting Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't say that LOL

16. Thanks tutane, The Noof thanked for this post
    Likes benney liked this post
    Walleye Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by W3B W1ZARD View Post
    I can't say that LOL
    Maybe not but your no bag of fat either.

False News
    is started by haters
    spread by idiots
    and accepted by fools.

18. Thanks tutane, The Noof thanked for this post
    A way older than Benney
    Post Thanks / Like
    That map is off, I pay just a bit under $15 a pack here in N.B. The cheap cigs are close to the map prices.
    That's around $900 a month for me and the wife......over $10,000 a year.
    yeh, yeh,yeh I know, were idiots.

20. Thanks The Noof, benney thanked for this post
    Likes W3B W1ZARD, trin/tuco liked this post